Sunday, December 9

All change...

I'm off; after six - almost seven - years, I handed in my notice. The job I'm going to isn't ideal (but then is anything?) but it's closer, which means less travelling and subsequently a saving of £80 or so a month in fuel, and around the same salary despite a shorter working week (Sunday night to Thursday night).

Of course, if the boss actually offered me an increase in salary then perhaps my decision could be swayed, but he hasn't and so I'm off.

In other news, the Pendragon site was finally unveiled to the world last Wednesday - point your browser to www.pendragonpress.net and marvel in it's glory. ;-)

I was actually down in London on Friday night for the BFS Open night - there to launch the latest PP title, No-Man and Other Tales. A splendid night, it must be said; I sold most of what I brought, which meant that I covered my costs. Waa-heyyyy!

Mind you, I did end up browsing Foyles on Charing Cross Road and buying a bag-ful of books, so I suppose what I made I negated. Damn you, Foyles!

(Of course, you could all pop along to the new site and buy a book or two... it would help, and they would make marvellous Christmas presents.)

3 comments:

Gary said...

Best of luck on the new job, mate!

Mark West said...

Good luck, Chris, I hope it works out well for you.

Anonymous said...

I read the first line of this entry, and was scared for a moment that Pendragon was folding.

But really, in a way, it's sort of the opposite. Onward and upward, I guess. Good luck, and keep on pulling through.

Cheers,
Katherine K, who still lurks on your blog occasionally.