Saturday, January 5

Knackered...

... night-shift is seriously fucking with my body-clock: I'm okay sleeping during the day, after each shift, but when it comes to my days off; hardly any sleep last night, felt totally lethargic today - now I know how Reznik felt in The Machinist.

Anyway, enough of my woes: the festivities were good - drank far too much on the Big Day (though I had to really since I was working Boxing Night, making up for the loss of time!) Mind you, moving jobs this close too Christmas isn't really recommended - you end up working all but the statatory holidays, which is a pain. Ah well...

Still, didn't work New Year's Eve so at least I managed to have a drink to bring in the new year and my 34th birthday. Do I feel old? Not then, but now... any night-shifters out there with some advice on how to get your body back to sleeping at night when you're not working?

Anyway, in other news: picked up a copy of Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists earlier this week (it features a cover of the Genesis track "Land of Confusion" which is just superb). If you feel like a spot of head-banging, then you'd be a fool not to listen. :)

(Just to prove my own eclectic music tastes, I purchased it along with a collection from Toto and Karl Jenkins' Requiem.)

2 comments:

Peter Pan said...

Used to do nights ... the only way round it is the same as jet lag .. force yourself up until night time ... if you crash early at around 8 or 9 the first night, you are generally ok by the second

Edmund Lester said...

Good choice on the Disturbed album - and not only for the excellent Genesis cover. The album as a whole is wonderfully noisy...